Thursday 23 October 2014

What does it mean to look after yourself?

My challenge in November is about eating a little healthier, getting a little more exercise, making sure I get my medical check-ups and enjoying life.

Seems easy... doesn't it?

I don't know about you, but I find it quite hard to look after myself. I spend half of my time at work and the other half at home - looking after everyone else.

At the moment, looking after myself usually involves a short walk (mostly to the coffee shop and back), stopping in for a 15 minute massage and when I have at least 30 minutes, aimlessly walking in and out of dress shops looking at all the things I want but really shouldn't buy. That's about it... bit sad hey.

I'm looking forward to starting my 30 day TLC Challenge. I don't know what to expect or what I will or won't like doing, but I do hope to find something that I like and something that I can keep doing.

Recently, I learnt a very important lesson... that one shouldn't stop oneself from doing something, even if one doesn't know where that something will lead. Think about it for a moment. I did. I asked myself what was stopping me from doing something and found an answer.

I realised that doing something opens doors. It opens up potential for something else to happen or for someone else to do something.

Raising awareness about pancreatic cancer and diseases is a BIG something to those who live with it now.

Thank you to those who have supported me by donating on my fundraising page. These donations go directly to Bedside to Bench and their Pancreatic Cancer Nurse Network. This program is doing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment