Saturday 8 November 2014

Why Bedside to Bench?

Bedside to Bench's approach to health and medical research is strategic, thoughtful and focused on facilitating meaningful connections. Working with patients helps researchers ask the right questions. 

This got me thinking... what else would help researchers?

I went along to an ANDS workshop called Uncovering the Impact Story of Open Research and Data to learn more about the challenges faced by researchers. There are many. Not only might researchers be asking the wrong questions, but it's very hard to publish your research and data too! 

Dr Heather Piwowar, cofounder of Impact Story was inspirational. She talked about how there are many ways to share the full impact of research and data. Impact Story helps researchers do just that - publish their research and data openly. 

I'm not a researcher but I think they are on the right track. I hope more and more scientists embrace open research and data. Surely this can make a difference. 

Just between me and you, I think this thing about just doing something is the way to go and I think I'll look into this research and data thing a little bit more...

My 30 day TLC Challenge is going well! I'm eating more fruit, relaxing more, walking a little bit more and doing a few other things too.

If you'd like to donate, please do so. Then you too will be doing something to help pancreatic cancer patients and their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment