Thursday 13 November 2014

Why pancreatic cancer?

As the world continues to recognise our first World Pancreatic Cancer Day #WPCD2014, I am reminded why this cause is so very important.

I'm not a survivor, but rather an avoider. The neoplastic cyst that was in my pancreas didn't metastasise before I found it. I got it out in time and avoided pancreatic cancer... for now.

WAGE HOPE #WageHope tells the story well. It highlights that our past is still our present. Survival rates haven't changed in years - only 6 out of every 100 survive in the US.

Giant purple strides are needed!

That's why I'm fundraising for the Bedside to Bench Pancreatic Cancer Nurse Network. This program is a giant purple stride so please donate if you can.

Let's take this stride now... and then work out how we can take the next one, together.


No comments:

Post a Comment